Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Clinical outcomes and prognostic factors of node-negative cervical cancer patients with deep stromal invasion or lymphovascular space involvement following radical hysterectomy
Authors: Prapaporn Suprasert
Jatupol Srisomboon
Sumalee Siriaunkgul
Surapan Khunamornpong
Chailert Phongnarisorn
Sitthicha Siriaree
Kittipat Charoenkwan
Chalong Cheewakriangkrai
Chumnarn Kietpeerakool
Keywords: Medicine
Issue Date: 11-Oct-2006
Abstract: Objective: To evaluate the clinical outcomes and prognostic factors of node-negative cervical cancer patients who had deep stromal invasion (DSI) and/or lymphovascular space invasion (LVSI) following radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy (RHPL). Material and Method: The medical records of 150 node-negative stage IA2-IIA cervical cancer patients who had DSI and/or LVSI after RHPL from 1999 to 2004 were reviewed. Results: Eighty-eight (58.4%) patients were treated with RHPL alone. Twenty-eight (18.7%), 23 (15.4%), eight (5.3%), and three (2%) patients received postoperative chemotherapy, chemoradiation, radiotherapy, and brachytherapy, respectively. Overall, 11 (7.3%) patients developed recurrence. The estimated 5- year disease-free survival of the patients was 90.9%. By multivariate analysis, two factors, age of less than 35 years old and a non squamous histology, were significantly independent prognostic. Eight (5.3%) patients experienced treatment-related complications. Conclusion: Node-negative cervical cancer patients with DSI and/or LVSI had excellent clinical outcomes. Young age and non-squamous histology are significant independent prognostic factors.
ISSN: 01252208
Appears in Collections:CMUL: Journal Articles

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.

Items in CMUIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.