Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorEkkasit Tharavichitkulen_US
dc.contributor.authorSomsak Wanwilairaten_US
dc.contributor.authorSomvilai Chakrabandhuen_US
dc.contributor.authorPitchayaponne Klunklinen_US
dc.contributor.authorWimrak Onchanen_US
dc.contributor.authorDamrongsak Tippanyaen_US
dc.contributor.authorWannapa Nopnopen_US
dc.contributor.authorRazvan Galalaeen_US
dc.contributor.authorImjai Chitapanaruxen_US
dc.description.abstractPurpose: A report of preliminary results and toxicity profiles using image-guided brachytherapy (IGBT) combined with whole pelvic intensity-modulated radiation therapy (WP-IMRT) for locally advanced cervical cancer. Material and methods: Fifteen patients with locally advanced cervical cancer were enrolled into the study. WP-IMRT was used to treat the Clinical Target Volume (CTV) with a dose of 45 Gy in 25 fractions. Concurrent cisplatin (40 mg/m2) was prescribed during radiotherapy (RT) on weekly basis. IGBT using computed tomography was performed at the dose of 7 Gy x 4 fractions to the High-Risk Clinical Target Volume (HR-CTV). Results: The mean cumulative doses - in terms of equivalent dose of 2 Gy (EQD2) - of IGBT plus WP-IMRT to HR-CTV, bladder, rectum, and sigmoid colon were 88.3, 85.0, 68.2 and 73.6 Gy, respectively. In comparison with standard (point Aprescription) dose-volume histograms, volume-based image-guided brachytherapy improved the cumulative doses for bladder of 67%, rectum of 47% and sigmoid of 46%. At the median follow-up time of 14 months, the local control, metastasis-free survival and overall survival rates were 93%, 100% and 93%, respectively. No grade 3-4 acute and late toxicities were observed. Conclusion: The combination of image-guided brachytherapy and intensity-modulated radiotherapy improved the dose distribution to tumor volumes and avoided overdose in OARs which could be converted in excellent local control and toxicity profiles.en_US
dc.titleImage-guided brachytherapy (IGBT) combined with whole pelvic intensity-modulated radiotherapy (WP-IMRT) for locally advanced cervical cancer: A prospective study from Chiang Mai University Hospital, Thailanden_US
article.title.sourcetitleJournal of Contemporary Brachytherapyen_US
article.volume5en_US Mai Universityen_US zu Kielen_US
Appears in Collections:CMUL: Journal Articles

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.

Items in CMUIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.